Help with pipe installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinerat

Feb 24, 2010
South Jersey
So I picked up the new jotul F600 and have it in place. Now the question, I have two twelve inch sections of six inch pipe, a section of six inch slip connector with cap, a 90, a 6 to 8 inch adaptor and a two foot section of eight inch. I'm fine with the eight in the flue to the adaptor to the 90. It's the bottom section. The jotul is step up for top exit. I have a twelve inch section of six inch pipe in the flue at the stove. Does the cap go on the top of that and then the slip connector goes in that and get extended and screwed to the 90? If that's right they sold me an extra twelve inch section of six inch pipe. Thanks for any help.

Are you putting a 90 into a wall?? if so you should have a T and the cap goes on the bottom of the t. you would 9 into the wall and have a t on the other side. and cap goes on the bottom so you can take it off for cleaning and stuff.

the 90 goes to a section of eight and then into the chimney flue through the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.