Help with Roof Flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valtar

Jan 10, 2009
Mexico
Hello Guys, I need your help.

I was looking at the Supervent 6" Ceiling Support Kit that Lowes sells, my questions is about the Roof Flashing, the box says the roof flashing is to be used on roofs that have 0 to 6" over 12" pitch. I saw the roof flashing in the box but it is "fixed", meaning it can't be adjusted to accomodate a different pitch.

How are these roof flashing installed to accomodate an almost flat roof? One that have aprox 1" in 12" pitch?

Thanks in advance for your help...Valentin

There shoul be no need to do anything different. What it means is it handles roof pitches from 0/12 to 6/12 pitches. Set it on normally.
If for some reason that don' t work, try turning the flashing around 180 degrees.

Once you set the flashing in position run a piece of the vent thru it to see
if you can get it plumb when it's in line with your ceiling support box.
If you can't, use some tin snips to trim the top of the cone, removing
just enough material to get to plumb.
Your storm collar should still cover the top of the cone, tho you may have to goob on
some extra silicone to ensure that it doesn't leak...

DAKSY said:
Once you set the flashing in position run a piece of the vent thru it to see
if you can get it plumb when it's in line with your ceiling support box.
If you can't, use some tin snips to trim the top of the cone, removing
just enough material to get to plumb.
Your storm collar should still cover the top of the cone, tho you may have to goob on
some extra silicone to ensure that it doesn't leak...

If I remember correctly, I had to do that with mine. I don't think they have quite the range advertised, but you can work with it.

Thank you Guys for your help, I was a litlle confused about the installation of the flashing. The kit at Lowes has all I need to install my chimney and is cheap compared to buying the pieces separately.

I'll post pictures when when I do the job.

Valentin

Status
Not open for further replies.