Help with stove connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
Finally bought a used Lennox Montage. Nice stove.. cleaned it from toe to hair. Pulled a 4 inch liner and have a 4 to 3" tee installed. I need about 12" or horizontal run before I get to the tee. What am I missing? Is there a generic appliance adapter that I am missing?

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    302.5 KB · Views: 134
There is an appliance adapter that is vent specific that will mate the stove to the venting, be certain to properly seal and physically secure the adapter to the stove. This is one of the primary smoke leakage locations when a stove is installed.

Reactions: Defiant
There is an appliance adapter that is vent specific that will mate the stove to the venting, be certain to properly seal and physically secure the adapter to the stove. This is one of the primary smoke leakage locations when a stove is installed.
So it is specific to the maker of the chimney liner and "tee" ? Seal it with high temp silicone? Got a generic one from HDepot and siliconed it and screwed it in place. All joints are "running" the correct way. Started it up for giggles. Runs great. It is a 4 year old stove. Previous owner ( for one year) did not now about the air exchanger scrape :(. The owner for the first two years supposedly knew how to clean.. After giving it the leaf blower douche and vacuum cleaner love.. it seems to be doing quite fine. Both fans were dirty. Combustion blower seemed to have some paint peeling off the housing.. not sure if this is normal. I will break it down next summer and change it to black...as per order of the boss..

Now have the correct fittings and pipes.. works great. Have a little smoke leak at the top of the clean out tee.. I put rtv in the connector before putting the flex in.. probably have to seal around the top. Stove runs great.. By the way..Lowes green team does not work very well. Been screwing around with the damper and it does run better, but still bad. I have many different kinds of pellets in the garage to try. GT will probably not make the final cut.

Attachments

• connection.jpg
    connection.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.