Help with Whitfield Advantage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staticx

Dec 16, 2008
oregon
we have a whitfield advantage from 1994. we noticed today that the flame was burning weak and alot of black soot was building up. We cleaned everything, behind the bricks and the other usual. I noticed that the exhaust fan or is it called combustion fan isnt even spinning. Is their some fuse i could check? or is that fan prob shot. We need to get this running its 3 below outside!!!! haha

I don't know for sure but your fan may need replacing. If you can spin it by hand easily but if it spins with resistance it might just need oiling as the bearings get dry. Try a FEW drops of light oil and spin it by hand and maybe it will take off.
This will get more responce in the pellet room as those guys know alot more than I do.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.