HELP! Woodstove identification crisis!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crowep

Sep 17, 2014
Madoc Ontario
Hi there,
Im new at the whole wood stove thing. So bare with me. I just acquired this used woodstove from a family member but i am having a hard time identifying the exact stove model online. I cant find anything out about it. First off...I cant exactly identify the model of the stove. All I know is its a Heritage(like it says on the door lol) and I can get the Warnock Hersey number off the back. Unfortunately I cant quite read the manufacture date at the bottom of the plate.
I have attached a few pictures of the stove if anyone has any idea of where i can look online for a manual it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!
IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1064.JPG

It says Heritage Energy Systems stove on the label. Model is a Cartier I or 2. I lightened it up.

IMG_1064.jpg

That is the Cartier 2 as the 1 was a smaller stove. They were built in Collingwood Ontario and had a pretty good following until the mid to late 90's when they finally stopped producing stoves. Hopefully everything is in good shape as parts don't exist for those stoves anymore, unless you can find someone who has a stash hidden in their shop.

Reactions: begreen
The easiest way to differentiate between the 2 Cartier Units is to measure the door sizes.
Glass is smaller on the 1 and larger on the 11

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-12_9-30-46.png
    upload_2019-8-12_9-30-46.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 422