Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronperk

Jan 12, 2016
Trod
hi I have a 92 austroflamm integra it keeps shutting itself down mostly when it's at a low setting chimney and unit have been completely cleaned ?????

I would suspect your low limit snap disc/proof of fire disc is no longer sensing temps well. You can test by temporarily by-passing switch. Make sure you unplug stove before working in the cabinet. Usually a fairly cheap fix if the switch is gone...

The other potential is a vacuum switch isn't closing. Cracked/broken hose? May be door seal needs replacing (dollar bill test); hopper if it has a seal? Clean-outs are in place and secured.

92, not sure if that may be a positive pressurized stove vs vacuum but if it's the later I'd definitely start off by checking door gaskets. It will be self evident if the door gaskets are bad on a positive pressure stove, they will leak smoke.

92, not sure if that may be a positive pressurized stove vs vacuum but if it's the later I'd definitely start off by checking door gaskets. It will be self evident if the door gaskets are bad on a positive pressure stove, they will leak smoke.
I replaced them last night and it shut off over the night

I replaced them last night and it shut off over the night
Then I would direct you towards Lake Girl's message and thoughts on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.