Help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katecurry

Jan 25, 2009
sout jersey
I have a vulcan insert..alough I think it may be made by breckwell. they have a model that looks exactly like it. We have had three or four instsnces where the pellets in the hopper have begun to smolder and burn. Pellets build up in the burn pot and heat up the hopper. We just replaced the fan and cleaned the stove throughly but it is still going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Kate Curry

the stove is a vulcan f-22 manufactured by canadian comfort industries. We call Dansons Group Inc. for tech support. We burn cleanfire pellets purchased from pellet sales online. After replacing the fan motor and cleaning the chimney liner the stove will not restart. The good news (I guess) is that the hopper wont catch on fire and we will sleep tonight. You mentioned that the hopper lid must be a tight seal...this stove has never had a tight seal...just metal on metal with no gasket. Is this normal?
Thanks Kate Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.