HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrusso

Jan 18, 2007
I have a Heatilator gas fireplace that I can't get started. Fireplace was working fine until we had a gas leak at the meter outside our home. After the leak was repaired and the gas was turned on again I tried to get the fireplace going. The gas valve is on, I am turning the pilot knob and holding it down which pressing the ignitor. Ignitor produces a small spark at the tip but the burner won't light. By the way, I was able to light two other fireplaces in the house without isssue. Any help is appreciated

Could it be air trapped in the line? Do you smell gas when holding down the pilot knob? If not, try a few more times to see if more air needs to be purged.

You need to check manafold pressure at the valve. Do you have a manometer? If you cant check pressure then you need to unhook the feedline (with the shut off OFF) with the line disconected from the valve you need to open the valve alittle to verify you have pressure at the valve.
Before you do that take off the glass font and listen, when you press the valve in you should hear a hissing, it could simply be that the line isnt purged yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.