Helping a neighbor in need

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Matthews

Sep 2, 2010
Raleigh NC
I don't really post that often on here because I just do more reading than I do contributing and usually stay pretty busy. I recently got even more busy because I took on a huge project helping a neighbor. He was living in a home that is not fit to be in and he was getting ready to loose it because the county was going to foreclose on it due to back taxes. I was talked into starting a go fund me page because this is really pushing the limits of my finances. I thought I would post the link to it here so hopefully people may donate a few bucks if they are able and even more importantly, share it with others. Thanks for the help!

Joe

[url]http://www.gofundme.com/TomsHouseRepair[/URL]

Hey man. I looked at those pics.
That place is worth more torn down then rebuilt.

Why could his place not be sold and he takes the money and puts it towards monthly rent? A disabled guy could never keep up a home. It is just too much work!

Thanks for helping him. I'm not trying to discourage you.

Good luck with your task! You're doing a good thing and I'm sure he will be grateful when he returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.