Helping out the folks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane N

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
West Central MN
While I work on building a house a mile and a half down the road from where my parents live, we are living in a 24x48 finished upstairs in their new toy shed down the road from their house. They have a really small Jotul stove and burn a couple cords a year at most. This last year I've gotten into CSS'ing so I have been doing a decent amount of it for them. When they built this building a few years ago, they threw all of the downed wood onto skids and my father has been pecking away at them since.

This year I've CSS'd everything you see here for them:
2013-02-19_11-30-24_489 (Large).jpg

It isn't a ton. 5' tall stacks, two rows, ~20' long. Roughly 12" long splits. What's that, a cord and a half? Not much, but I enjoy going out there and taking a few minutes to knock out a trailer load of splits with the Fiskars. And then I'll go out later and take another break to stack them. It is a nice break from the computer screens.

You can see a brown tarp in the background. That is where my dad had been stacking his splits. I am still working on convincing him to not cover the pile completely...

You're a good son!()

Reactions: Shane N
Nice work Shane--both on the wood and helping out the folks!

Good that you are helping, Shane. And I say keep on pecking away at him about the covering of the wood. Old dogs can indeed learn new tricks and usually they are better off for the learning.

Nice work.
Building lasting memories ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.