Hemlock Coming Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like either Thursday or Friday the rest of the topped off hemlock will come down. We should get two 9 or 10 footers out of what is left.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3645-1.jpg
    100_3645-1.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 205
Your milling pics make me feel bad about cutting the one that dropped across the road for firewood.

SolarAndWood said:
Your milling pics make me feel bad about cutting the one that dropped across the road for firewood.

Was it a hemlock? I never realized that hemlock had such a nice grain.

zap

Yep, we have a bunch down by the lake. Probably 30" dbh. I thought it was a PIA keeping the canoe from the launch and didn't think much of bucking it. Didn't realize what I had done until I saw your pics.

SolarAndWood said:
Yep, we have a bunch down by the lake. Probably 30" dbh. I thought it was a PIA keeping the canoe from the launch and didn't think much of bucking it. Didn't realize what I had done until I saw your pics.

I always thought it was junk wood, like smokin said pop that top off and take a look. My wife likes milling, we spend some good quality time in the woods together with the best part being the down time just sitting and watching the wildlife.

zap

zapny said:
we spend some good quality time in the woods together with the best part being the down time just sitting and watching the wildlife.

We get short periods of that now but hope to live that some day Zap. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.