HEPA filter for for Portable shop vac?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
Happy 2011.
Got a new portable shop vac from Lowes , series L (L250) for Christmas. Have been having difficulty finding a HEPA filter for a 2.5 gallon wet/dry vac. Does anyone use this model and /or can recommend a filter? Thanks in advance!
Marina

No idea of the filter but right now menrds has ash vac on sale for 49 bux has the right filters metal can ect. I got one other day is pretty nice unit

wingman1776 said:
No idea of the filter but right now menrds has ash vac on sale for 49 bux has the right filters metal can ect. I got one other day is pretty nice unit

Wow. That is a heckuva deal. Keep us posted on its performance.

Capecod-If you cant find a find a filter for that model consider returning it for one that they stock a filter for. Some of them are not designed with the cannister filter.

A drywall filter does a pretty good job and just slips over the existing paper filter...

2x drywall filter got mine at local hardware works real good.

I don't think Shop Vac manufactures the HEPA filters for the smaller 2.5 gallon shop vacs, but you can buy the dust collection bags for it, which will trap even the finest ash and will keep your filter clean. Amazon sells them for $6 per 3-pack...

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-9066800-2-Gallon-Around-Collection/dp/B00004RHKS/ref=pd_sim_hi_1

I always use the collection bags with my Shop Vacs (own three of them, a 6, 8, and 16 gallon), I haven't ever had to replace the cartridge (HEPA) filters because the collection bags keep the filters impeccably clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.