Her First Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Seeing the last post about hearth gloves reminded me of something I wanted to post last week. I have been breaking the wife into loading the stove when I am not home. She has been getting pretty good with the dampering, etc. Anyways, eating dinner the other night she holds up her arm and says check it out. On her forearm, she has an pretty nice burn from the stove. I told her that is what the hearth gloves are for (present from mom last year). She said she'd rather not put on the gloves...I think I got a keeper. Oh yeah, she is also 7 months pregnant!

Burns will get old pretty quickly especially if one gets infected...

Grew up hearing 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'. Trying to teach my kids that one but they are adolescence now....invincible until hurt and then guess who has to do the damage detail?

Good for you to tell her about the gloves...hopefully she will use them before she gets a really bad burn....

Keep Vitamin E around for burns. Works great.

Yup, a keeper for sure. Congrats on the miracle that you will be witnessing in a couple of months, even if it is not your first.

Backwoods Savage said:
Keep Vitamin E around for burns. Works great.

+1, or aloe vera.
Got burned pretty bad a few years ago, and the hospital gave m......charged my ins. co. dearly for a small jar of silver sulphadiazene. That stuff works very well, but not sure if it's available otc.

annette said:
Tough girls are cool :)

But if she gets a burn right on top of that burn, I bet she'll put on the gloves. Those hurt!

+1

AttaGirl. Congrats on the pregnancy.Best o luck. First Kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.