Here are the long gloves that are needed with top loaders!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ControlFreak

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2008
Holden, MA

Attachments

• Long Gloves.jpg
    Long Gloves.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 510
I got some just like that at our local Ace Hardware store. They are great.

I used similar gloves when I had a front loader. I got them from work - they are what the welders use. It's so much easier to arrange the wood when you can grab them with your hands.

A true wood burner shows his scars with pride :)

Yep, 20" long. They do the job. I also use those.

Steve

I have a pair of these also - great for a small stove where you need to grab pieces of wood and move them around or position them in the firebox so as to really pack it full. I can grab a burning log with these on and move it around and barely have my hand get warm.

These are not your typical welding gloves. These go all the way up to your elbow. With a top-loader, you can reach all the way in from the top and still have your arm protected from touching the inside edge of the stove. The welding gloves are not long enough for reaching in this deep.

burntime said:
A true wood burner shows his scars with pride :)

I wish wearing welding gloves ensured that I did not get burned - I have one or two nice marks from this year regardless...

Status
Not open for further replies.