Here comes the cold....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Looking at the extended forecast, I am seeing several nights next week that will be dropping into the mid 30s here in southern nh. Hard to believe we are this close to burning season already. Guess I will have to get out the sooteater to finally clean the flue after putting it off all summer.

You gotta love it:
10-Day Forecast:
Sunday
PM Showers 70°F / 47°F
Precip: 30%

Monday
Partly Cloudy 66°F / 41°F
Precip: 20%

Tuesday
Sunny 70°F / 47°F

Wednesday
Sunny 77°F / 52°F

Thursday
Sunny 81°F / 55°F

Friday
Partly Cloudy 80°F / 58°F
Precip: 10%

Saturday
Partly Cloudy 79°F / 58°F

Sunday
Mostly Cloudy 74°F / 57°F

Monday
Cloudy 71°F / 53°F

Tuesday
Showers 70°F / 52°F
Precip: 60%

Reactions: ScotO
we're going to dip down into the mid to lower 40's tomorrow night, then the lowest it's gonna get is in the mid 50's the rest of the week with highs in the mid 70's to near 80. Not quite burning season yet, but it's coming!

Awoke to 40::F this a.m., and 61 in the house ( I left the bedroom windows open).
Tad chilly, but due to get mid-60's, so no fire.
I just put on a hoodie while the coffee was brewing.:cool:
Still just a bit early for fires, but if the temps go too low, I refuse to be cold.:mad:

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Sheesh. And people say Canada gets cold weather! I live around 48.8 North and having 48-52 F nights. It doesn't seem to be that far off down south??

A

It all depends upon where in Canada. It is sort of like thinking all of MI is like Detroit or has their weather. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, it is not uncommon to have 20 degrees or more difference in temperature between north and south. Speaking of Detroit, one could go directly from Detroit into Canada. Where we live we can just head due east and still be in Canada. Going to NY, it is closer for use to go through Canada but we haven't since the passports came into play.

It was all in good fun (the comment that is...). My experience has taught me that some people tend to think that Canada is simply an ice box 10 months of the year. And that could not be further from the truth!! I am aware of the micro climates in various areas: I live in one! I live near the Gulf of St Lawrence and my temps here can be 10-12 degrees warmer than 10 KM inland during the fall time due to the water keeping us warmer for a bit longer.

Andrew

Last year here in SE Mich, my first burn of the season was Sept 1st. Not even close to burning here yet. Looks more like after the 1st of October here.

We all don't live in igloos but we all have dog sleds.;)
I was itching to light the stove this afternoon just to see if I could still fall a sleep in front of it but got into other things.

46° tonight and a high of 69° tomorrow. With tomorrow night being slightly cooler than tonight.

Walking the garbage out to the road tonight, I could smell "Fall" in the air. Plus its Effin Cold... 53° and dropping.

I hate to think of all the work. But I love the satisfaction of heating season. This will be a half decade for me (not long compared to a lot of you) But I have used ZERO proPain for heating. Only cooking.. (3 yrs ago in November our 500 gal tank was filled, its at 40% still) Love it.... ( I cheat and use Pellets too :))

Status
Not open for further replies.