Here comes winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrahamInVa said:
DexterDay said:
Gonna be about 60° for the High in Cleveland Ohio today... What Winter???

Supposed to be 78 here on thursday with snow sunday night. It's like a revolving door here lately. Got 4" of snow a couple weeks ago and then it was 82 a couple days later.

I've heard from several weather people say there isn't any thing to keep the cold air to hang around. Something about blocking over greenland? Dunno..

Spring will be here soon though.

Crazy Weather!!! Ive never seen such a crazy climate change?? Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold, Hot, Wet, Cold, Flurry, Hot, Yuck..... Just snow already!! Been waiting all year for a good storm.

Snow day today for our school district, so I volunteered to stay home with the kiddos and sent the wife to work. :)

Golfing tomorrow. Supposed to be a high of 70. Its pouring now and 40.

smoke show said:
Snow day today for our school district, so I volunteered to stay home with the kiddos and sent the wife to work. :)

Hey Mr. Mom! I like that idea, I might do that tomorrow! :cheese:

Our forecast just got bumped to 8-12 inches. :) I'll get to use my snowshoes for the first time this winter tomorrow. Woot!!

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:

Hey Mr. Mom! I like that idea, I might do that tomorrow! :cheese:

dont raid her underwear draw like smoke does

She don't own any. ;-)

Snow is winding down for now.....I had about 2". Some sleet/freezing rain now.

SXIPro said:
Our forecast just got bumped to 8-12 inches. :) I'll get to use my snowshoes for the first time this winter tomorrow. Woot!!

Why?

Do you need them to get to the snowblower or shovel?

A measly foot of snow isn't worth putting them on.

Now they've changed the forecast to 5-8 inches of snow starting at 3 Pm stopping at noon tomorrow (4 and no snow yet, but has gotten windy and looks like snow), then Friday cloudy. milder, Sat snow changing to rain, Sunday cloudy,snow; Monday 14, Tuesday 5; Starting Monday extended forecast is yucky..pretty much a mix of snow and freezing rain every day, with a bit of straight rain. So much fun. That should take us to the end of "winter".

69° and Sunny........ Serious ;-P

Just bought another chainsaw off of Craiglist. Beautiful Day.... Beautiful!!!

But I still miss Winter. We have yet to get clobbered with Snow and Ice
Still waiting for it...............

Never got to strech the furnaces legs out. Hell.. I never ran it more than 3 rags straight without needing to shut it down because it was to warm. Been mainly running a stove (pellet) at night because the woodstove keeps it warm enough during the day with the Solar gain. Wood stove has been cold for 2 days now.... Just to warm. Oddest Winter I have yet to see...

DexterDay said:

Never got to strech the furnaces legs out. Hell.. I never ran it more than 3 rags straight without needing to shut it down because it was to warm. Been mainly running a stove (pellet) at night because the woodstove keeps it warm enough during the day with the Solar gain. Wood stove has been cold for 2 days now.... Just to warm. Oddest Winter I have yet to see...

I've seen some pretty strange winters.

I never trust it being over until the middle of summer.

The first year we lived here we had a snowball fight on May 5.

One year we went open right up until February school vacation time and then got hammered with both snow and cold.

There was one year that it just dumped snow and we spent many a day shoveling out from under large amounts of it. When we got ourselves out we went across the street and shoveled even more.

You just need a few more years under your belt.

I won't mention the several back to back snow and rain freeze ups that required the national guard to clean up the rutted ice packed roads.

DexterDay said:

I'll send what I got coming down to you! You can have it!!! :mad:

I want spring and a few boat rides, We were soooooo close!!!

Smoke sounds like you guys got dumped on. Rain (almost an inch) and thunder in the Reedsburg area last night light snow today the ground is still brown. Being a plow driver I'll take rain over ice and snow any day.

I called a nieghbor by my cabin between Park Falls and Winter he said 14" and still snowing. :eek:hh:

I put the plow on the Jeep. Usually when I do that we don't
get much to plow which at this stage of the game is fine w me.

5 inches of heavy wet crap here and it's still coming down. Hopefully its all gone by Saturday, Supposed to be rainy and in the 50's.

j-takeman said:
5 inches of heavy wet crap here and it's still coming down. Hopefully its all gone by Saturday, Supposed to be rainy and in the 50's.

Hey at least you are warm, right?

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

Yep, Sure am. Love my pellet heat! ;-)

But I still don't want this white stuff and will gladly send it off to someone that does! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

Yep, Sure am. Love my pellet heat! ;-)

But I still don't want this white stuff and will gladly send it off to someone that does! :cheese:

I guess we are supposed to get a bit here so you can keep yours. Rain due on Saturday. So here today and feathers tomorrow.

Snow, then rain, then cold. I know, it is Maine weather. The snow is suppose to be the light fluffy stuff, so I had better get my lard backside out there and get it cleaned up before it turns into a mess impossible to move. "they" are predicting upward of a foot, but like anything else, subject to change. Went to Kittery today and it was already storming there. I'll take it over those tornadoes they got in the mid west.

SmokeyTheBear said:
SXIPro said:

Why?

Do you need them to get to the snowblower or shovel?

A measly foot of snow isn't worth putting them on.

A foot is plenty for me this winter. Especially if you've been chomping at the bit all season to get out there. Last winter was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.