here is a challange to all the experts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltgyro

Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2008
MI
I need to identify my wood stove. I put this in my home a few years ago with specs that I found on the web. My insurance company now wants to know the brand name and specs before they renew my policy. I would extremely appreciate if someone could identify this stove. I have lost the paper work and need help. I have searched hundreds of pictures and sites but come up empty.

Not being able to see it is a real challenge. :coolsmirk:

Kinda like Charades.

It's "challange"...I'm guessing it's a French stove. :p Rick

Hey, gyro, just bustin' yer chops a bit. Welcome to the forums! Can't see yer pic of the stove. Rick

Try reducing the image size to 640x480.

tiltgyro said:
im having a hard time putting a picture up. Any help?

Send the image to me and I'll get it up for you.

The challenge remains. These are tiny corner shots of what appears to be a prefab?

Attachments

• surround pic1.jpg
    surround pic1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 531
That is a free standing, radiant thermostatic controlled unit from Sears roebuck 1981+ or -.I don't have the catalog any more so I cant reference the exact model or brand name for you to use as a reference. I am really really sorry about that. :red: Welcome to the Hearth forum by the way. We aim to please here and will go out of our way for you. I am not an EXPERT so I will NOT take any responsibility for my replies.
N of 60

wow I'm impressed north of 60 with just a corner photo!

I guess back in the day they didn't put the data plate on stoves like they do now? Mines on a wire leash attached to the back of the stove. Maybe behind the surround is a tag?

Nice call north of 60.. but I guess up there in the Yukon you guys study those old Sears and Roebuck catalogs pretty hard..

maxed_out said:
wow I'm impressed north of 60 with just a corner photo!

+1. As far as I could tell, it was a corner, or something.

Sears Roebuck items were marked very well too. Even the antique parlor stoves had ID tags. Usually a screwed on tag (oh boy, removable too) and stating "in all correspondence regarding this article always mention" (stamped number usually 3 digits / decimal / and a bunch more).

Managed to get a little more out, looks like an insert or prefab, but very hard to tell.

Attachments

• surround1.jpg
    surround1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 230
OP started a new thread with a much better pic. Rick

i posted a knew thread with a picture, I finally did it!

Attachments

• doug4.jpg
    doug4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 229
I'm gonna close this thread and we can run with the new one. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.