Here is a post directed to the lighter side Nothing serious

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

My wife usuall arives home from work around 4 pm. At that time we usually walk Our dog, about a mile in the woods and converse about the day.
If snow is on the ground,then we xx ski. Today she was running late but our chocolate lab routine time clock is telling him its time. I loaded the stove and got it going, knowing that about the time I get back.. it will be cat engage time. She arrived before me a rover returned from his walk and panicked.
The stove top Temp was heading towards 700 she engaged the Cat. She gives me hell. and disses the stove. It's easier to turn up the thermostat. Like all good arguements, one needs amunision. I asked what is so hard about knowing how to control two levers? Then I drop the bomb. You are not telling me,that poor me a Northeastern Grad is smarter than a s Bio major out of Stonehill. She again disses the foolish stove . I up the anti and ask her is that the best response a Stonehill grad can come up with. I remind her, she too ,has had a stove or more in the home 30 years. I know this stove has preformed the best out of all stoves I have owned. I no longer have to get up in the middle of night and feed it. I can keeep 650 to 450 up till 8 hours possibly more on a single load. 16 degrees last night stove top still at 450 and the entire downstairs is 70 degrees. I never did that before. She then says she will never like the stove because the other one had the bread warning shelf and mitten racks. She really used the bread shelf to raise dough, and dried out mittens scarf's and hats. I told here I would search the net far and wide to find one possibly 2, but I have discontinued Forest Green. I have to find old inventory. You know at first I was not too thrilled with the forest Green ,but the condition and price could not be matched. We are learnig to live with it. She really liked the blue Resolute Acclaim.

Unfortunately we are no longer young. but still healthy. She is taking an interest in the normal things I do around the home, to keep things working, like the stove. At times she will suprise me and have the stove running fine when I'm away. She also wants to know how to change the water filters and a lot of simple things I done instinctively for years. I know that she braggs at work, that our oil burner has not come on yet.

The best wife pleaser concerning wood stoves, is top loading. One Fireplace long sleeve glove and splits she can handle. Even she noticed the additional heat this stove produces. I now get the hints its a little chilly in here, Translated: get that damn stove cranking

The second wife pleaser is the ash removal. No shovel required, Swing out the ash door slide the handle top on and take it outside.
This is the cleanest setup I have ever experienced . One can slide the handle top on the ash pan even with hot ashes and carry them outside. There is no ash dust, no spillage, and no hot handle to deal with. Sunday she even watched me remove the cat and clean it out. She was amazed how easy it was in my Intrepid II. She proclaimed that even she could do it. I showed her what to look for as indications of clean burning that brownish ash inside the firebox and flue.
The plow and hearth arrive sale magazine arrived the other day, She spots the same color steamer and remarks how nice one would look on the stove top especially, if it can be moved to a warming shelf for loading.

Maybe I should have titled this post how your other deals with the wood stove

Have fun with the post

The little brown haired lady has loved our wood stoves from day one. She could run them like a champ. The last few years she has been sick and actually misses going and getting her wheel barrows of wood.

I haven't told her yet that it is stacked right outside the basement door these days.

I wish I could get home by 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.