Here is my Ideal Steel install!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks, and thats what I want to hear. I'm hoping it will do a large chunk of the heating for close to 2800 sq ft!
That's what I'm heating with my PH, same setup in the house as you have, does most of the heating, I buy one tank of oil a year and its used for hot water too.

Reactions: Sconnie Burner
Thanks, and thats what I want to hear. I'm hoping it will do a large chunk of the heating for close to 2800 sq ft!

I'm heating about 1,900 sqft of a 40 year old house with 2x4 walls from the basement.
I never really need to run the stove hard. It has a lot more capacity to it that I never use.

Reactions: Sconnie Burner
I have NG for backup, so not too worried about that having to kick on during the coldest days.

I've been doing lots of reading about this stove while patiently waiting to use it. Just when you think its cranking out good heat, there is another "gear" and that will make you have to move the furniture back! I am giddy with excitement to see what this thing can really do! Hopefully we will be closed by then end of the month!