Here is the situation, too much on the plate.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Here is the situation, too much on the plate. I have to pickup the Encore going to goose probably with the help of Keyman tomorrow I can’t lift it out of the truck because I blew a hydro hose in my backhoe. If I don’t get the windows in and sided I don’t get my next payment the window supplier sent the wrong size windows Supposed to arrive tomorrow

My piano dolly is still at goose’s so I can even use that to move the encore around or get it out of my truck

My oldest q daughter’s wedding is less than a month away and I have a honey do list that would take me a year to accomplish.

Making matters worse, My mother in law is still in surgery 6 hours later. I’m waiting a phone call. I could be heading to Hartford area at a moments notice. There is a priest standing by to read the last rights.

It is real hard to keep one’s sanity with so much going on. Did I mention first week in Sept is our family vacation and the next anniversary also within this time frame

I played golf tonight and never got into it one good hole one bad hole my partner bailed me out This is the first time I had the cell phone in my pocket playing golf I used golf to try to get away from all the things swilling around me. This should be the most joyest time of being a dad, but it isn’t playing out that way. The ML is the last living grandparent of my children and she is 82.

Elk,
I am so sorry about your Mother In Law. I hope you and your family are still able to find some joy in your daughter's wedding.
~Cath

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law Elk. Focus on family first, work second. Stoves and computers come way down the list. Hope all turns out well.

Agreed, family is more important than strangers... The stove can wait on this end at least. Wish I had known you needed the dolly - I could have sent it to you with Keyman when he was here tonight to help with the bees... Again, best wishes for your MIL's rapid recovery.

Gooserider

Hang in there, Elk - focus on the family issues first. Best wishes to your Mother in law, and congratulations on the wedding.

You have too much on your plate in normal times....so I can only imagine what happens with wedding, hospitals, etx.

Best solution: Avoid Hearth.com for a few weeks - that will free up many hours.

Before our wedding (daughters) this June, martha and I were 100% certain there would be major dramas of (many) sorts leading up to it. Turned out it went pretty smoothly except for a little situation such as you mention (MIL, EMT's, hospital, etc.) - BUT, it did turn out OK in the end....all in all, less drama than we expected.

Good luck.....

And limit the Honey-Do list to emergencies and anything needing done for the wedding!

Elk - Stop in your tracks....take a few deep breaths.... re-evaluate priorities. Everything cannot be priority #1. Stoves can wait, I will bet that 2/3 of the honey-do list can wait. Family can't. Boil it down to what is REALLY important, not just how many tasks are waiting to be done.

Hope all goes well with the MIL and everything else. Ask yourself, will it matter in 3 months? If not, its probably not a priority. If it does, it should be places on your list of things to do, according to importance. Now, a couple more deep breaths and GET BACK TO WORK. ;-)

No joke my friend, I use the "3 month rule" to evaluate if a "discussion" with "whats-her-name" is even worth it. And I think you know what I mean by "discussion".

Best of luck to you brother. I have two very little girls and I can imagine that their wedding days will be the second most proud days of my life - right after the days they were born. Congrats and do take the time to enjoy it all.

The two hour surgery took almost 7 hours delightfully to say so far so good
thanks all

The correct windows arrive at the job today all installed so tomorrow I will finish up the siding and get my progress payment over the weekend

Keyman and I are working out details to get the stove to Goose I have to pay for it and pick it up tomorrow or the deal is gone. Its a shame as the stove qualifies for one of the better bargins one will see this year, the condition is that good

elkimmeg said:
The two hour surgery took almost 7 hours delightfully to say so far so good
thanks all

The correct windows arrive at the job today all installed so tomorrow I will finish up the siding and get my progress payment over the weekend

Elk,
I'm relieved for you that your mother in law is doing well and I'm glad about the forward momentum on the job you are working on.

Here's hoping the wedding and everything else go smoothly from here.
~Cath

Glad to hear your MIL is doing better, may the rest of her recovery be rapid.

Let me know if you need a hand with stuff - or if I need to work on getting the piano dolly back to you.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.