Here is what my stove looks like right now.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcellwood

Nov 2, 2011
Central Maine
Mid 50's today. When I got home from work it was 70 degrees in the house. The wife says she was a little chilly, can we start the stove? Sure why not. So here we go with another heating season.
Never would have considered turning on the heat if I was burning propane. The 12,600# of pellets in the basement will be a couple pounds lighter after tonight. Love the fire........and the wife.
Need to keep them both happy. A burning stove is a happy stove, a warm wife is a happy wife.

6c8395e3.jpg

a866b484.jpg

Haha... After looking at the weather forecast for tonight, I signed on here to see if anyone else had mentioned firing up yet... _g

It's going down to 3C here (37F) tonight, and I was wondering if it was going to get cold enough to justify firing up the stove <> Currently 69 in this old place, I think 61 or so might be my breaking point.

My wife is aleady grumbling shes cold and it's only 56 out.

This is so strange. The forecast for a cool night tonight made me come home early from work (I decided to do 10 hours instead of the normal 12) and do the annual Fall cleaning of my P61A. Gave it the bi-annual complete cleaning including the chimney and fired it up. I let it shut down and went off to a meeting. Just got home and a VERY happy wife has it running......too early for me but at least I know it works for another season. Kind of like us guys with plows making sure they work in early November.....not the night before it snows.

Stove 11.jpg

My stoves not even in the house yet. Still in the shed after the cleaning and painting. Still have to throw a oak in the thimble yet. Oh and order gaskets..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.