Here it Comes!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
This morning the weather said that on Friday we here in WNY can expect our first lake effect event totalling 1-3". This evening it has been changed to 4-9". I"ll bet by the time it arrives the expected totals will range from 1-2' with a total storm output of 2-3'. Lived in WNY all my life....SW Winds down the throat of a lake that is 5-7 degrees above normal for this time of year...We are looking down the barrel of a shotgun called..LAKE EFFECT!!! Oh ya.....garage has 5 full face cords & a great snowblower fully primed just waiting. Enjoy fellow WNY'S....Wherever you are...

Yeah my burning season officially started two hours ago. We are drowning in heavy rain all day but it turns to wet snow around midnight. Won't accumulate but those magical sixty degree sunny days that somehow have been hanging around are over.

Here we go....

BrotherBart said:
Yeah my burning season officially started two hours ago. We are drowning in heavy rain all day but it turns to wet snow around midnight. Won't accumulate but those magical sixty degree sunny days that somehow have been hanging around are over.

Here we go....

What he said..

3-6 inches for here tonight. Had 4 sloppy inches over a month ago and nothing since. Been a pretty easy fall / early winter really.

pen

Good luck. I think you all are well prepared.
Start thinking winter safety now,
like: your brakes are not as good on ice & snow, allow some extra time to get there etc...etc...
Most others drivers won't remember that, so watch out for them, they're nuts. :)

bogydave said:
like: your brakes are not as good on ice & snow, allow some extra time to get there etc...etc...
Most others drivers won't remember that, so watch out for them, they're nuts. :)

I am still thinking about those pics you posted. Dang, they got highways in Alaska. Who would have thunk it. :)

BrotherBart said:
bogydave said:

I am still thinking about those pics you posted. Dang, they got highways in Alaska. Who would have thunk it. :)

LOL :)

3 of them :) 1 into alaska, 1 goes from Homer to Fairbanks, 1 from Palmer to glenn Allen
Hard to get lost or pass on a dog sled trail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.