Here it is! My new Lopi Answer and hearth!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boulderjoe

Oct 4, 2008
Colorado
I wanted to show you all what I've been working on. I bought a Lopi Answer on Craigslist then built the hearth pad a few weekends ago. It didn't have any R-value requirements so I used plywood, Durarock, and tiles/slate. For the chimny I got the Dura-plus kit from Home Depot... only to learn that they didn't have any parts for it.. so I switched to Dura-tech. I cut holes last weekend and installed it! I believe the installation is a good one but I was worried and was constantly checking temperatures throughout the first few fires. It's great and I'm a happy camper. My two little kids love it, and they love helping! That's my Basset Hound's butt just to the left of the stove - yeah, she likes it too. Hearth.com has been a great help in this learning process!

Attachments

• Wood_Haulers.jpg
    Wood_Haulers.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 408
  • New_Lopi.jpg
    New_Lopi.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 392
Nice job. And those are great looking wood holders you got there, much nice than the one I bought at Restoration Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.