Here we go agian, moisture meter and a sober realization...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know and there are all kinds of people with new stoves that just can't wait for this cold snap and snow.... It's very scary...I may have to ask A.P. for an elixir to calm my nerves...After all he is an Alchemist, and Artist and I hear he can dance up a storm.

savageactor7 said:
Don't worry about the hard black glassy stuff...

You talking about glazed creosote? That stuff is highly flammable!!!!!!!

Girl said:
savageactor7 said:
Don't worry about the hard black glassy stuff...

You talking about glazed creosote? That stuff is highly flammable!!!!!!!

Every sweep I've had up here says ya can't remove the black glassy stuff and not to worry about it....now what?

Find a certified sweep to take a look at the flue. There are solutions to removing stage 3 creosote. Sometimes it can be broken down with a creosote remover added to a hot fire. It can be hard work and needs to be done carefully so as not to damage the liner if there is one.

Here's a discussion about these products:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4907/

Status
Not open for further replies.