Here's a leaner for ya....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Well you could call this one a hanger i guess. Came across this at work after one of the big snowstorms we had. We had a wicked windstorm last weekend and it's still up there so we'll rope it and pull it down in the next couple days. Suckers barely hangin on by a few inches of wood.

Wood043.jpg

Wood044.jpg

That thing may come down just trying to set the rope.

Looks like more of a guillotine than a leaner! Wow that's pretty cool.

Widow maker:not deadman
Limb or tree top that falls down from above, killing the logger.
edit: cowboybilly is right,

A few well placed -.06 rounds should fix the problem.

Jags said:
Run up and kick the trunk real fast - oh come on - I double dog dare ya.

Jags its Wensday all double dog dares go first!

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

No-no, thats on Mondays ....I checked the double dog dare rule book.

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

No-no, thats on Mondays ....I checked the double dog dare rule book.

ok ok I was on leap-year your a lucky double dog!

Yikes! I'd be scared to even ride under that thing on my ATV, let alone mess around roping it. Like Dave says, stand back and shoot it a couple times. 12 gauge shotgun should do the trick.

Thats not a leaner its a widow maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish it was as easy as poppin a few rounds into it lol. I work for a school so i don't figger they'd like that much. Im just gonna toss a weighted rope around it from a distance and yank it down with the tractor.

That's what the the throw bag comes in handy for. Throw it up and the tie and pull your main line up. You can get one of those up real high. I've seen a guy from Bartlet place one through a crouch about 50' up.

Or you could fell another tree into the hung up tree to bring it down.

zap

SmokinPiney said:
Wish it was as easy as poppin a few rounds into it lol. I work for a school so i don't figger they'd like that much. Im just gonna toss a weighted rope around it from a distance and yank it down with the tractor.

Yes, you have the right idea.

I got one almost exactly like that from high winds earlier this month. After looking it over for 15 min or so I decided to like the guy that broke it off make it fall down...I'm not dicking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.