Heres a walnut for ya smokin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm.....PASS!

Bocefus78 said:
hmmmm.....PASS!

He had it under Anderson no takers so Now hes relisted it under Muncie. Think Those two where we been working will do me for this season.

If you cut a plank from a dead tree, do you have to paint the whole board to keep it from checking?

Post has been deleted now.

mywaynow said:
If you cut a plank from a dead tree, do you have to paint the whole board to keep it from checking?

No,just the end grain & any knots,burls or irregular grain to slow down the rate of drying..There's still quite a bit of water in dead trees of a decent size.The first log I milled was a from a giant standing Red Elm I dropped in Nov. 1993.Dont know what the moisture content was,the tree had been dead over a year with all of the bark gone from branches & most from the trunk.But it had to be at least 30%.The tops & branches up to 10" were already bone- dry & ready to burn.

mywaynow said:

Depends on what Iam making. Guitar bodys kiln drye for example..... Everything but the middle is coated in wax. Even the dugouts are wax.

Attachments

• guitarcutRS3.jpg
    guitarcutRS3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.