Heres another great deal on Craigslist!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burns like pallets
I wouldn't want the painted boards

Beware Craigslist ads that say they are doing you a favor.
A handful of that old wood might be good for kindling.
At what real cost is it being offered?

Peace-
Kenny

Do these people really think this stuff is usable? It's pretty unbelievable.

billb3 said:

We should help him out by adding to the post . . .

-- Could chip and use as a great mulch
-- Could cut up and use as a fantastic looking wreath (granted fir is normally used, but I'm sure pine will work)
-- Could cut up and hang branches in the house as a cheap deoderizer

Good grief . . . unbelievable what folks are trying to get rid of . . . maybe I'll put up a post with a couple Hefty bags full of a few week's worth of my trash and see if anyone could find some value in it for potential methane generation.

firefighterjake said:
I'll put up a post with a couple Hefty bags full of a few week's worth of my trash and see if anyone could find some value in it for potential methane generation.

Let me know if you do.

firefighterjake said:
billb3 said:

-- Could cut up and use as a fantastic looking wreath (granted fir is normally used, but I'm sure pine will work)

Good grief . . . unbelievable what folks are trying to get rid of . . . maybe I'll put up a post with a couple Hefty bags full of a few week's worth of my trash and see if anyone could find some value in it for potential methane generation.
You could advertise to the Outdoor wood furnace guys, they seem to like burning trash! :p

firefighterjake said:
billb3 said:

http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/zip/2773103390.html

one man's trash is another man's treasure

never know if a neighbor that has a burn pile every weekend in the Summer might take your branches for ya.
Maybe Craigslist is replacing ye olde banter over the fence ......

I've put all manner of "stuff" out on the curb ( not on trash day ) and they go
don't know who nor why and don't really want to

Status
Not open for further replies.