Here's the stash for 15/16

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to have 20+ cords on-hand, and be 3 years ahead, at this pace. It took me 3 years, while simultaneously renovating a house and building a shop in an old barn. It's like eating an elephant... one bite at a time.

It's like having one bite of the elephant ALL the time. ;lol;lol

Got any ketchup to go with that elephant?

Just to make you grin, I bet I did about 20% of that one-handed. Broke my stupid left hand, probably because it's the most important hand I have. Short version is it involved two dogs, a bicycle, and a chipmunk with a death-wish. Life's complexities escalate rapidly as you realize you can't floss or sign your name. Somehow I played several weeks of gigs with just two fingers. It wore out my brain.
hand4.jpg

Reactions: Woody Stover
Just to make you grin, I bet I did about 20% of that one-handed. Broke my stupid left hand, probably because it's the most important hand I have. Short version is it involved two dogs, a bicycle, and a chipmunk with a death-wish. Life's complexities escalate rapidly as you realize you can't floss or sign your name. Somehow I played several weeks of gigs with just two fingers. It wore out my brain.
View attachment 163902

Ouch. Chipmunks be crazy...

Reactions: Soundchasm
Buy some fireproof insulation and stuff it in the area around the liner. much easier than a plate at this time.

8 cords for 2100 sq ft.? Did you try closing the windows?

Mea culpa on square feet. I read up on how to properly measure, and both the upstairs and downstairs are 1800 sq ft. So 3600 total, and there's a 320 sq ft sunroom that has a minisplit for heating and AC, so that would be 3920 total. The sunroom can't be warmed because it's built over the garage, and the tile and concrete floor will get close to freezing. Carpet's not an option there. 60% of the house will never see any direct heat from the upstairs stove because of the house layout.

I was using the interior spaces of the target rooms which ignores closets, stairs, etc. Not that my problem changes any, but using the outside perimeter is at least a standard measurement.

house-sq-ft2.TIF.jpg

Reactions: Ashful
Buy some fireproof insulation and stuff it in the area around the liner. much easier than a plate at this time.

I just started looking at Roxul on the web yesterday. To my knowledge I need to procure 2'x4'x4" non-rigid sheets. Unfortunately, there's more than one kind of Roxul! :confused: But I'll get the right stuff.

Spoke to a buddy today and he speculated it might be possible to push insulation from the top down as long as you know the depth you're shooting for. My recollection is folks stuffing insulation from the bottom up. I can try one and then the other.

Sounds like it's time for a stove or 2 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.