Here's what I see alot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, everyone around me has a woodpile. Some people even have a bunch of rounds, but only a handful ever seem to burn. I talked to one of them, and he mentioned he just lights fires when company is over and has so much because he bought a cord not knowing how much that was.

I wish I could buy some of that sweet dry wood right now! I could really use it.

Make the guy an offer. Tell him you will replace everything he gives you with some green wood and leave him enough for his "company fires" and slide him a little cash. I would start my telling him my situation and then asking if he would mind swapping some wood with me since he is not going to use all of it this season.

I never knew wood had to be seasoned until i joined this site.

I see tons of stacks but not much evidence of 24/7 burning. I think most people around here will burn on the weekends or when it gets really cold. We finally got a good cold snap here and I counted 12 smoking chimneys on my 13 mile commute. I usually notice 2 or 3.

Let's face it, we're the odd ones that are constantly burning wood all the time. But, we already knew that.
Yea. There's a forum for it.:) My boss says to me.. You mean you just talk about wood and stoves? Yep. Mostly.;)

Reactions: HDRock
Only wood piles I see close, around me is the ones I'm building >>

Status
Not open for further replies.