Heritage 8024 - Secondary Burn Tubes Cracked?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jwoair23

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2011
Ohio
Hi All,

Noticed today the weld looks like it has failed on the housing that holds the burn tubes, notice the gap on the right side vs the left side? Thoughts on this? I am not sure how long ago it happened, how badly do you think this will effect performance?

Stove was purchased 12/20, would this be covered under warranty?

Library - 2 of 2.jpeg Library - 1 of 2.jpeg

Yes, it should be covered under warranty. Get the dealer on it.

Yes, it should be covered under warranty. Get the dealer on it.
Thanks begreen, I called them today and am waiting on a call back. They arent the best, so hopefully I can get them to get on this.

Any thoughts on how bad the operation will be impacted in the meantime?

My guess it that the secondary burn will be biased toward the right of the firebox. How badly depends on how much air leaks from the open seam.

My guess it that the secondary burn will be biased toward the right of the firebox. How badly depends on how much air leaks from the open seam.
Makes sense - I spoke to the service manager today and sent him pics. I am a bit concerned, as my dealer has dropped Hearthstone because of "how difficult they are to work with". But they are going to reach out to them and see what they say.

If, worst case, Hearthstone does not honor their warranty - how could I go about getting this fixed? Would someone be able to remove and re-weld?

Makes sense - I spoke to the service manager today and sent him pics. I am a bit concerned, as my dealer has dropped Hearthstone because of "how difficult they are to work with". But they are going to reach out to them and see what they say.

If, worst case, Hearthstone does not honor their warranty - how could I go about getting this fixed? Would someone be able to remove and re-weld?
I don't beleive that is welded. I'm pretty sure that is a cast piece. And I think what your seeing there is a seam between pieces that has opened up. But I don't work on many of these so I'm not positive

Is there a screw on the front underside of the right manifold? The parts diagram shows this is as a two-piece assembly that appears to be screwed together.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 6.46.28 PM.png

Reactions: bholler