Heritage 8091 Install Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjsedg

Feb 4, 2014
CT
Looking for some info before I pick up my Heritage pellet on Thursday (first pellet stove). What dimension corner hearth pad should I use? Building my own, so open to ideas. And both 3" or 4" vents are suggested in manual, but which would be preferred for a horizontal corner install (a single 45dgr to straight pipe)? Thank you in advance for any advice you could lend. I know very little about burning pellets, outside of what I read here!!

What size corner hearth pad did people use? Hoping to have it built and tiled before I bring stove home.

Sorry no one got back to you - Welcome to the forum! Try to find the manual on-line so you can build your hearth with the clearances the manufacturer recommends.

http://mainestoves.com/pdfs/manuals/hearthstone/Heritage8090Manual.pdf

Good Luck and pics when you're done with the install...

Edit: Make sure you have a CO detector, surge protector. Consider installing an OAK (outside air kit) if you are not planning one.

Reactions: Mjsedg
Status
Not open for further replies.