Heritage-Apache insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mr. Jeff

Jan 8, 2017
China Grove, NC
Just bought an older home with an Apache insert. I have not used it yet, but I have plugged in the plug for the fan. It did not run. Is it broken or does it kick on once there is some heat in the box?
Can't wait to get started, One chimney cleaning and some firewood and I should be ready to go........unless I need a fan motor too....

Thanks,

Mr. Jeff

Welcome to the site.
Lot of fans are controlled by a snap disc to come on when the temps gets up. Couple reasons, who likes cold air getting pushed around into the room and fire needs to get the box to temp to help prevent creosote.
Good luck, burn safe

That's exactly the way mine works. It will not turn on until it reaches a certain temperature. Also, it cycles every 15 minutes of so.