heritage renaissance insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillz

Oct 14, 2014
ontario canada
Hi our newly purchased home has a heritage renaissance insert in the basement. The chimney is currently sealed with aluminum tape over the clay liner... I am thinking of getting the chimney wett certified; I will probably need a new liner installed.... anybody have any feedback of these inserts.. I found the manual online says it has a secondary combustion system.
I just don't know if I should use it or invest in a pellet insert or leave as is

I know nothing about this insert but getting it set up with a proper liner sounds like a good plan. Can you post a picture of the stove and the link to the manual?

141348-ec32b2f338eebe299b40d59486d75ce7.jpg

That should heat pretty well. It's going to want fully seasoned wood to burn properly.

Our stacks are top-covered as the wood seasons, then moved into a well-ventilated woodshed for the winter. We have a wood box on the covered porch that holds a few days to a weeks worth of wood.

I was thinking of getting a cord or two and getting a tonne of compressed bricks for this year.i just cant seem to find the bricks anywhere in this area... (brockville) looked at the tsc and Canadian tire and no luck; I'll have to check with hd. My wife would prefer the bricks as its not as messy...
I think I can get a face cord for 80 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.