1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hestia Pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by shotgunbilly1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. shotgunbilly1

shotgunbilly1 New Member

Loc:
    midwest
    Just wanted to check and see if anyone out there has had a chance to check out the Hestia pellet stove yet? i tell ya what since having mine there has been a huge drop in my gas bill. can def tell when it runs out of pellets though, the furnace don't hesitate to kick on. was driving through Hayward WI a few weeks back, the Hayward coop is a dealer for them..a propane co of all things. sounds like there dealer base is getting bigger. only reason i know that is i went by a pellet dealer in the area and there was one in there showroom at the pellet plant.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Your a dealer?
  3. shotgunbilly1

shotgunbilly1 New Member

Loc:
    midwest
    Nope, guess im just seeing if there are any other owners out there, finnaly a investment that hasent gone south for me yet. so far its been a good stove just thought it was interesting how a propane dealer is a dealer for a pellet stove. guess they need to have more than one heating option for there people.
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

work for the manufacturer?
    Phil Do's fire. likes this.
  5. 76brian

76brian Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    lol too funny
  6. shotgunbilly1

shotgunbilly1 New Member

Loc:
    midwest
    lol..nope a cunsumer like you or i am assuming you are.... are you a dealer for them? when i last checked there wernt that many around.
  7. smoke show

smoke show Guest

still appears that way.
  8. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Yes every body needs to start small. Harman started in his basement. With the issues in new and up coming brands of pellet stoves, I would stick to name brands. Even with big distributors and the stove makers it is hard to get parts much less quality parts. Some manufacturers found out when they went to the cheapest bidder that the parts fail. This is usually a month or two after the warranty is over.

Eric
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

There is a place called Youngstown propane that sells pellet stoves. Near my Brother in Laws house.

Never heard of this brand before. Be weary of the little guys.
  10. shotgunbilly1

shotgunbilly1 New Member

Loc:
    midwest
    i did a lot of research on the stove, seems pretty solid, should be for the price. not bad warrenty coverage. only thing so far that has bummed me out is the unit is pretty deep.(front to back) sticks out a bit from in the corner i have it. But i was told that it was designed that way for the big hopper. have had the sides off and the hopper is pretty good size. i can get around 2 1/2 bags in it. that acually was the main reason of buying it, i was tired of haveing to fill my old stove every day.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Not a bad looking stove. I was going to download the manual, But you have to register. Wanted to check out the burnpot, Just curious seeing its multifuel and burns corn.

Snap a few pictures for us?

I have seen a similar control on another stove, Just can't remember. Might be the cumberland??
  12. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Yep. I wanna see pics of the stove.. Tried googling it. Got much of nothing. A link to an old thread here.
  13. cms0553

cms0553 Member

Loc:
    Trumbull County, Ohio
    [quote author="DexterDay" date="1322011264"]There is a place called Youngstown propane that sells pellet stoves. Near my Brother in Laws house.

When I first bought my house (1992) they were supplying the propane, very high compared to others. Changed that real quick.
    Checked them out when I was looking for a pellet stove, still very high compared to others. Eric's Brookfield store is 15 minutes away from them, better deals, better people, and a great dog to greet you.
  14. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Been to Erics shop several times. Just bought my 4" vent for my Fahrenheit this past Saturday. I have never been to Y-town Propane. Drove by and heard of it. I dont buy anything from other dealers. Eric is the Man and Pellet is a great dog.

Cant beat a good dealer. I drive almost 2 hrs to Kinsman Stoves and its still worth it.
  15. kinsmanstoves

Loc:
  16. kinsmanstoves

Loc:

Thanks Kenis. I still have three Great Lakes in the fridge. Maybe not after tonight.
  17. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Bought a used Hestia stove off CL and had owner fire it up before I purchased. Seems to be a well built stove with German fans. Nice flame and very large fuel box. that should last for a couple days on low burn. Will sell the Garage Harman when the season comes. I know where they are made and worth a small risk of $440.
  18. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
  19. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Thanks Scott. I already got manuals etc. Talked to President and the lead technician of the company before I made the leap however small it may have been. Wish the stores were stocking pellets because if this weather pattern holds will be needing heat in early October again:( Only advantage of firing up the Harman is I shut down the domestic water heater.
  20. Stevekng

Stevekng Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    $4,499 on sale!!!!; you could buy a good pellet stove and two years worth of pellets for that. Yeow!
  21. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    They had a spring sale for under 3k. I have not bought a new stove in over a decade. Our used Italian Elena was under $600. That stove had only 1 heating season on it.Why buy new when slightly used will do.
  22. smwilliamson

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    $4500!!!!! Yikes, they really want to be a boutique maker of stoves.
  23. smwilliamson

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    and a good stove too!