hestia

• Thread starter Deleted member 10125
  • Start date
  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10125

any one out there heard anything or have any possible input about the hestia line of pellet stoves? was thinking about investing in one ( kind of pricy) but want to know if it is really worth the investment. thanks.

Maybe someone here has experience with them. It looks like a nice stove (50,000 btu).

I would be cautious though as I have never heard of them and they only appear to have one model. You will need to hope that they are still around in a year or two...but I could be completely wrong.

If there is only one version, i would hope that they have pretty much all the bugs worked out. guess i would be even more nervous if it was a new company with about 10 versions...lol

They don't have any dealers yet, which means you have to go to Rutland Vt. to get one. I also didn't see any warranty info or testimonials about their stove(it looks like they only make one model). If it were me, I would wait for a brave soul to buy one and hear their comments.
My anti-virus program warned me on one of their web pages , that it was extemely dangerous and not to return to it. Be careful. Ihave Trend Internet Security 2009.

I seen in the hearth magazine they are going to be at the reno hearth and patio show. based out of minneapolis mn i belieave. if they are going to a show like that they must have some faith in the thing.

Call them up and chat with them. Ask them a few questions. Request a digital copy of the stove manual so you can review the operation and what is involved in the maintenance. The site looks legit but they are called "Hestia Heating Products" but appear to have only one product. Some one-on-one conversion might explain place in the market.

your right a phone call could be worth the time. im alway up to trying out new things in the market. i will get back on here after i talk with them.

Was just on there website, man that flame looks unbeliavble. nothing like i have seen in other pellet stoves. they have a video on the front page of the website the flame is long not like a blowtorch. i have to see one in person now.

Status
Not open for further replies.