Hey is this normal? Mt Vermon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358632803.523800.jpgi have not cleaned my glass or ash pan in three weeks, is this ok?

No... something is wrong here. I have a cousin who works with this orphan who's mother used tknow this barber who shared a cell with a man who had a pellet stove and his "didn't do that." You should call your dealer where you bought this and have him come out and "fix it." Something's just not right.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Wow... Im surprised there wasnt a bunch of Naysayers on the cleanings??

3 yrs ago, before I found this site, I shut down daily, and cleaned the exchange tubes, pot, and vac'd the box..... Looking back, it was a good learning experience. Now, I think its crazy. Vent will be done yearly, ash pan when full (or slightly above full/see pic above/ ash pan is 8"-10" over full!!!)

Any pics Eric? I always enjoy seeing your volcanic ash piles in your stoves!! :) That PS-50 in your shop has forever been.burned in my head. And to think that people have problems with Heatilators!?! They should have seen that box. It was FULL. Ash was almost falling back into the pot!!

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Until ash starts falling back in pot.. Just because the firebox looks full, doesn't mean it needs cleaned?!? ;)

Only when ash falls down and affects the burn/performance

Gosh, I wish my stove looked like this. Heck, I wish it just worked. LOL

Did u by pass the hopper lid switch? Vac switch? High limit?

Its something. Just gotta find it.

If your not gonna look, then call the dealer)? If your not gonna call the dealer? Then....... :(

Did u by pass the hopper lid switch? Vac switch? High limit?

Its something. Just gotta find it.

If your not gonna look, then call the dealer)? If your not gonna call the dealer? Then....... :(

The dealer is coming Wednesday. It doesn't seem like time is going fast enough.

I am at work right now but will get some up when I get home. I have emptied the ash pan but not cleaned the burn pot or firebox.

Eric

The only problem with that picture is that the Yuengling is "Light Lager" and not the regular Lager. I always have a barrel of Lager on tap or at least a few boxes of it in the miser. Also helps that I am 15 minutes from the brewery.

I prefer their black and tan during pellet season and switch to light lager for the warmer months. Keep mine in the fridge or back porch though.

Nice lookin' stove, too.

I do like the Black and Tan but the Light is much "gooder" for the waist line. It is nice to have a Light Beer with taste.

Eric

Reactions: DexterDay
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358810551.253314.jpglook at the ash.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358810601.309131.jpggotcha. This is it.

Agreed. Of course, if you're sittin' in front of your stove it's like summer anyway...

Nice..... I like them both brah... Nothing like a volcano of ash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.