Hey Mike & Corie!!!!!!! Is this one of your companies old stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks that way. Prolly older than you LMAO.

It most definitely is. Mike H will know the exact dates better than I, but its in the 70's sometime I think. Obviously I wasn't born yet!

1977/78/79 ish , 28-a , same stove dad had in his basement. rear flue, top to ducting , has a 4c443 blower to move air. solid as an M-1 abrams. not exactly epa phase 2 compliant <grin> but a workhorse. whole stove was built out of 1/4 inch steel plate. heats about 2500 square ft. dads house is 3600 counting the basement ,and we used that model whole time i was growing up as a main heat source.(replaced in fall of 06 with 28-3500 model just cause dad liked it better) only difference in the unit and dads is that dad talked ron's (present owner's) dad into making the legs about 10 inches longer so he wouldnt have to stoop over to load the unit. needs some wire wheel work and a coat of paint and its good as new i imagine

Thats great man. Just out of curiosity, how old is Englander?

Hogwildz said:
Thats great man. Just out of curiosity, how old is Englander?

Bob England started making stoves in 1975. I think the story goes that him and his boys started out welding them up in his back yard.

actually they started out in this area working on the building of the paper mill my dad worked for. a fellow approached them with a drawing of an old fisher stove and asked if they could build him one like it , they agreed to do so if he got them enough steel for 2 stoves and got to keep the second one to heat their garage/shop. so that happened, and then some of the other guys that worked at the mill saw them and wanted em , so they kept building them , it just took off from there. as for that stove (the second one , the one they kept) ron still has it. i think i have a picture of it , i'll look and post if i find it.

ok here it is

Attachments

• stove2unveil.jpg
    stove2unveil.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 350
What is that on the vertical rise between the lower top and the upper top? hard to see.

Hogwildz said:
What is that on the vertical rise between the lower top and the upper top? hard to see.

Tubes through it for convection heat. They had those in the Englander stoves for a lot of years. Pretty much up until the EPA stoves as far as I know.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Tubes through it for convection heat. They had those in the Englander stoves for a lot of years. Pretty much up until the EPA stoves as far as I know.
Ah kinda like that monster stove/furnace they sell on ebay with the tubes running through it. I had no clue Englander has been around that long. And still very reasonable priced stoves. Now thats a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.