Hey Mike @ ESW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question for you. Well a couple actually:

1.) Can you tell me a bit more about your 25-IP stove, and why the design (baffle difference between it and your other stove models) was chosen.

2.) How has it sold compared to your other models? I know it is one of your newest designs, but I see little out there in the way of reviews. How has the reliability been from your standpoint?

3.) How does it stack up to the PAH? I know they are very different beasts.

Thanks

hi. Tex here. i have been looking at the IP also.its a toss up between it and a Lopi AGP one year old for $2200.00. I wasn't aware there was a baffle difference. as i have only seen pictures of the outside of an IP

Reactions: Light in the Dark
Got a question for you. Well a couple actually:

1.) Can you tell me a bit more about your 25-IP stove, and why the design (baffle difference between it and your other stove models) was chosen.

actually its firebox is a variation of the 10-CPM firebox, but with a removable smoke shelf for easier cleaning. as for the setup being different , many of our stoves have different design features both inside and out. one of the biggest features of the IP is the ease of access with the swing out panels virtually everything can be accessed from the sides.

2.) How has it sold compared to your other models? I know it is one of your newest designs, but I see little out there in the way of reviews. How has the reliability been from your standpoint?

well, like any new model its always going to have a limited market , so far this stove has "stayed sold" quite well though in the US its predominantly been a "special order" item up in Canada its being carried as a stock item by Canadian Tire and has been very successful. so far its not shown much in the way of issues even considering the limited number out there so far.

3.) How does it stack up to the PAH? I know they are very different beasts.

i would say quite well, both are solid units, both have their own "niche" in our product line. depending on the features they do not share would be what i would base an "either /or" decision on. both heat essentially the same footprint, the PAH has that large hopper, the IP has a smaller hopper but more ease of access for servicing. at this point it would be hard to "rank" one unit ahead of the other. both have been rock solid units

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.