1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hey mountain stove guy

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rdrcr56, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdrcr56

rdrcr56 New Member

I was looking at the installation of your Hearthstone stove and wanted to know how you built your hearth pad. Would six layers of cement board with tile on it be okay for a Hearthstone stove?

Thanks for your advice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Which model? they all have different needs (and if you look closely i did mine wrong!) I would be happy to look up the data for you, but if you go to www.hearthstone.com, every manual tells you the r value needed and a chart with materials and there r value.
  3. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    Boulder County
  4. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Hey guys and gals, this fellow is one of my customers it turns out. He came in today to talk about the wopper hearth pad the homestead requires. Can you guys give him some advice on how to achieve that r value? I dont know where to get micore locally, i was thinking of steel studs and layers of durarock. Any homestead users out there with a homemade pad?
  5. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Don did it right. Hearth in the before the osburn thread is constructed the same way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.