Hey mountain stove guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrcr56

Sep 8, 2006
I was looking at the installation of your Hearthstone stove and wanted to know how you built your hearth pad. Would six layers of cement board with tile on it be okay for a Hearthstone stove?

Thanks for your advice.

Which model? they all have different needs (and if you look closely i did mine wrong!) I would be happy to look up the data for you, but if you go to www.hearthstone.com, every manual tells you the r value needed and a chart with materials and there r value.

Hey guys and gals, this fellow is one of my customers it turns out. He came in today to talk about the wopper hearth pad the homestead requires. Can you guys give him some advice on how to achieve that r value? I dont know where to get micore locally, i was thinking of steel studs and layers of durarock. Any homestead users out there with a homemade pad?

Don did it right. Hearth in the before the osburn thread is constructed the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.