hey new to the site. having problems with my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm4ug

Jan 15, 2014
Martha's vineyard MA
Hello everybody,
I have a Tasman 40i stove I bought last year for cheap. It has run flawlessly and I've burnt 3 tons through it now. I keep it very clean and had it professionally installed. All of the sudden the stove will not light. The burn pot seems cold to the touglch like theignitor isn't even coming on. Anyone have any idea what I should do. Just got 2 pallets of turmans delivered and I want to try them out

is there a fuse for the igniter? Not familiar with that stove. May be time for a new igniter. How old is the stove? You can always gel start it.

Try to manually light it to make sure the igniter is the problem. I have replaced mine 3 times over 15 years, last time went with the "super" igniter so we will see how long it lasts, 2 years and counting as of now, lol.
P.S. There was a thread about how to manually light your stove so you might read through that to get some ideas on how to, I use a propane torch.

Just lit the stove using the gel method and its working perfectly. The fuse is on the circuit board and I'm really not sure how to get to it. I'm going to read the manual and attempt to change it tomorrow. I think its rely nice being able to have the stove light itself. If I end up getting a new ignitor anyone have recommendations?

I am trying to figure out what stove you have:)

The stove is a cousin to the Hudson River Sarnac, he has the insert unit under the original branding. It is also known as a Savannah. The stoves are made by Inca Metal Cutting Ltd Richmond BC Canada.

It is likely nothing more than the igniter is shot, they last about 3 seasons. If the op is handy replacement cartridge heaters can be had through Grainger.

I put a new one on my machine this season. Second time for mine.

Reactions: Bioburner
3 seasons on an igniter? I cant get 3 months.:(

3 seasons on an igniter? I cant get 3 months.:(
You might look for a heavier duty igniter, as I said above they make a "super" one for my stove. Also you may want to put a surge suppressor on your stove in case that is hammering your igniter, 3 months sounds like something is going on.

You might look for a heavier duty igniter, as I said above they make a "super" one for my stove. Also you may want to put a surge suppressor on your stove in case that is hammering your igniter, 3 months sounds like something is going on.
Where are you finding igniters..? Grainger says they do not have them..?

The stove is a cousin to the Hudson River Sarnac, he has the insert unit under the original branding. It is also known as a Savannah. The stoves are made by Inca Metal Cutting Ltd Richmond BC Canada.

It is likely nothing more than the igniter is shot, they last about 3 seasons. If the op is handy replacement cartridge heaters can be had through Grainger.

I put a new one on my machine this season. Second time for mine.
Called Grainger today for an igniter, said they do NOT have them….??? Gave dimensions, 6-7/8 long, by 3/8 diameter No Go..??? Hudson Bay says are discontinued….??? Can you please give exact details of where to buy and part #…?

Status
Not open for further replies.