Hey woody

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Took your advice and moved my inner rows I had stacked in the shade and put it out in the sun by the pond. I'm glad that's over! Moving wood around gets old quick. Ill just have to cross my fingers on the two cords in the shade. This will be where it all dries from now on.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya about moving wood. I'm still refining my system to hopefully minimize the amount of extra steps...dropping the rounds where I'm going to stack them, etc. Might be a little tough working on these slopes in the woods, we'll see.
That stack looks good, and it appears you have plenty of room there. Looks like the stuff in the middle has been cut and stacked the longest? Where does most of the good wind come from in the summer?

I hear ya about moving wood. I'm still refining my system to hopefully minimize the amount of extra steps...dropping the rounds where I'm going to stack them, etc. Might be a little tough working on these slopes in the woods, we'll see.
That stack looks good, and it appears you have plenty of room there. Looks like the stuff in the middle has been cut and stacked the longest? Where does most of the good wind come from in the summer?

I hear ya. I'm probably gonna do my processing right close to there when possible. The red in the middle has been split for about 2 months I believe. Seems like most of the wind here in the summer is coming out of the southwest and those stacks are in position to take it head on.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.