HF generators

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
I was at Harbor freight and saw they have some generators that the engine are by Robin (made in Japan). I'm not sure if I want a made in China engine. I really could use a generator because I'm on well water and in the woods with overhead power lines.

I would say get that generator before the ice storm hits.
(Just like the hurricane predictors, I did not say which year that ice storm will hit.)

I buy periodically buy some stuff from HF, usually cheap tools for when quality isn't an issue. Myself, I wouldn't want to buy something from HF that I would really need to depend upon. At least you have a store nearby. If you get it, run the hell out of it before you need it!

I think the Robin engine might be good. If the gen. head isn't half bad, is it that much of a risk?
PS: Be safe with these things. Did you hear about the two 16-year olds who died from CO poisoning yesterday out west when re-fueling the generator in the garage? I didn't get details.

Yeah. I would never use Harbor Freight stuff. Well, except for the hoist on my big trailer, two small and one large winches, my pallet jack, about six rechargeable lights of different powers, my angle grinder, Dremel like tool, infrared thermometer, wood moisture meter, three temporary storage buildings and the power lift gate on the Suburban. And probably a few other things around here.

Nah. Wouldn't touch the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.