1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

HF generators

Post in 'The Gear' started by johnsopi, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    I was at Harbor freight and saw they have some generators that the engine are by Robin (made in Japan). I'm not sure if I want a made in China engine. I really could use a generator because I'm on well water and in the woods with overhead power lines.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    I would say get that generator before the ice storm hits.
    (Just like the hurricane predictors, I did not say which year that ice storm will hit.)
  3. wahoowad

wahoowad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    I buy periodically buy some stuff from HF, usually cheap tools for when quality isn't an issue. Myself, I wouldn't want to buy something from HF that I would really need to depend upon. At least you have a store nearby. If you get it, run the hell out of it before you need it!
  4. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    I think the Robin engine might be good. If the gen. head isn't half bad, is it that much of a risk?
    PS: Be safe with these things. Did you hear about the two 16-year olds who died from CO poisoning yesterday out west when re-fueling the generator in the garage? I didn't get details.
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah. I would never use Harbor Freight stuff. Well, except for the hoist on my big trailer, two small and one large winches, my pallet jack, about six rechargeable lights of different powers, my angle grinder, Dremel like tool, infrared thermometer, wood moisture meter, three temporary storage buildings and the power lift gate on the Suburban. And probably a few other things around here.

Nah. Wouldn't touch the stuff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.