HF60 OR NOT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckvt

Nov 16, 2013
Northwestern vt
Looking to see if vtbubba is still on the site for some info, currently thinking about purchasing a hf60 to heat my 1900 sq ft log home in northwestern vt, I am used to heating my old 1400 sq ft home in Ct with an olympic avalon wood stove that i was able keep burning all day by loading the stove on my lunch and house stayed about 70 degrees, fairly well insulated and built in the fifties, the current home is furnished with a Franks piping wood furnace, than onto to an oil fired furnace than onto an electric hot water heater in series I believe with baseboard heaters, I am an auto mechanic of 20 years but have little plumbing/heating knowledge other than our previous wood stove. My problem is we really want to heat with wood but the chimney in the cellar has only one flu, first floor has fireplace on one side and an antique wood cookstove on the other, also work a half hour from home so loading a wood stove on lunch is not possible, we had checked out the harman p68 pellet stove today and was advised of the hf60 furnace and since the house is already plumbed with the wood furnace installing the hf60 should be fairly simple, the hf60 seems to have mostly good reviews just wood like some thoughts on the unit, the set up and the most effiecent way to plumb it, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.