HI 300 Black Paint and Brick Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
I purchased a used HI 300 for 500 bucks and want to repaint some areas (door) before i install it as it is easy to do now. I know the brand of paint has been discussed a thousand times, but i am interested in what color would give me a good match. Would i use a satin or a flat? i am terrible at judging the colors of things. Also are all satin/flat blacks the same color or would some give me a better match to the original than others?

I also broke some bricks in the transportation process, i have read that the Hampton inserts use different (more expensive go figure) fire bricks than the ones you can pick up cheap at TSC. Can i use the TSC ones or do i have to pay the dealer for ones from the factory?

Regency uses metallic Black from Stove -Bright. I would assume that's what they used on the Hampton line as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.