HI 300 Damper Rod Rattle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
I have been burning my Hi300 that i installed this fall after picking it up used on craigslist. I also replaced the blower motor as the oringal one had shot bearings. I have an issue where the damper rod rattles on the blower, is this normal? I generally have to prop something unneith the damper rod to make it stop. Also, it feels like the damper rod prevents the blower assembly from being pushed all the way back. It seems as though it hits the rod before it is fully seated. Am i missing something?

Mine stops when I jiggle it. While my damper rod can contact the blower metal, it can be moved so it doesn't touch it-there's slop front and aft.

As a side note, I've taken to coloring in the pushed-in damper rod with a black Sharpie. Then, I can see how far it's pulled out, because the rest of the rod is bare metal from the scraping it gets.

I definitely have room front to back with the rod, but it looks to rest on the bottom of the cut out slot. That said i havnt had any rattling from it. There is alot of adjustments on these too.

Status
Not open for further replies.