Hi all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog

Dec 11, 2008
W PA
Hello this is my third post. I really enjoy reading this board. I had no idea having a woodburner would be so enjoyable. Its like my hobby now. I have a us stove 1537g hooked to the ductwork and cold air returns. I built a filter box and installed it on the back to keep the fans and air clean. I have been burning for about a month (been cold here lately) Any must have items/must know information for a newbie? Anyhow its 35 degrees and the temp is dropping. Wife said its too hot in here. How long till the gas company comes to check the meter? Gas furnace hasn't come close to turning on yet.

Wood is good. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum! It's nice not having to run the fossil furnace, isnt it? Our oil company called a few weeks ago and wanted to know when we needed a fill up. I said we didnt, they asked if we switched to another supplier. ya we did, the woods!

Status
Not open for further replies.