Hi guys....new to pellet heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bad0351 said:
Chain said:
Welcome! You'll love this website. One question, and it's for everyone in this thread. Why the P61 and not the P68? Is one more reliable than the other? Besides the P68 being a little bigger, is there any difference beyond the size?
Hi! and yes....I already love this site!
When speaking with the dealer, I asked the same question and told me the p-68 was just extreme overkill for my situation and explained that the p-61 would be more than enough for me?
My entire house is just 1876 sq. ft.
Hope that answers the question....

Dale

A P-61 for 1,900 sq ft..... You will be just fine.. Great choice. Harman makes a GREAT Stove. Welcome to the Forum, you have come to the right place. If you liked burning wood. Your gonna love the "Pellet Thing".

Its addicting... Really Addicting......

bad0351 said:
Chain said:
Welcome! You'll love this website. One question, and it's for everyone in this thread. Why the P61 and not the P68? Is one more reliable than the other? Besides the P68 being a little bigger, is there any difference beyond the size?
Hi! and yes....I already love this site!
When speaking with the dealer, I asked the same question and told me the p-68 was just extreme overkill for my situation and explained that the p-61 would be more than enough for me?
My entire house is just 1876 sq. ft.
Hope that answers the question....

Dale

Dale,

That's what my dealer told me as well. My house is about 1800 square ft. I'm leaning toward the P61 Harman but am still researching other stoves. I opted to put several new windows in my house this year as well as a bathroom renovation and so may wait until next Fall to replace my current pellet stove with a new one. It's been an expensive year already. But as I look at the price of #2 fuel oil (I have a Utica Boiler as my primary heat source), I'm almost inclined to bite the bullet and just replace my old pellet stove and burn more pellets this year. I'd probably be better off in the long run. Anyway, enjoy the new stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.