Hi, my name is Mark and I'm a wood boiler addict

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

Apr 5, 2013
NE Ohio
Despite that I'm out of good wood, the weather is warming and I'm hardly using any heat, I find myself unable to shut down my boiler and go onto propane for shoulder heat/DHW.
I just see that storage with all those btu's in there and I have to fire again to bring it back up to temp.

I think I have a problem. :)

Reactions: heaterman
Despite that I'm out of good wood, the weather is warming and I'm hardly using any heat, I find myself unable to shut down my boiler and go onto propane for shoulder heat/DHW.
I just see that storage with all those btu's in there and I have to fire again to bring it back up to temp.

I think I have a problem. :)
I think there's a pill for that!!!

Yes, it's clear you've caught a bug. Here's your script:

Go to garage. Pick up chainsaw. Walk Northwest 300 yards and find the biggest, nastiest oak on your 45 acres. Commence cutting and splitting. This will reconnect you with the value of holding a split in your hand as the antidote to burning it unnecessarily. If this doesn't work grab a handful of ash from the lower chamber and throw above your head. One of these remedies will cure you of EBS.... excessive burning syndrome.

You're welcome.

I've been cutting often so I guess I'll give the ash a go. Thanks

Hi Mark, keep coming back.;)

Stick your tongue on the hot door. That will keep you away from it for awhile.

Lol, I suspect that would do it

Step AWAY from the woodpile. Keep repeating this, and think of next year, for goodness sake.

If you start looking at your furniture as fuel... You really have a problem...;)
1500 next year! You will love it!

Reactions: flyingcow
Sir...put the log down, put you hands in the air and slowly step away from the boiler....!!!

Last edited:
But...but...how bout just one more?

Reactions: firebroad
But...but...how bout just one more?
What the Heck!! go ahead, life's too short to pass up on these temptations. LOL

I must confess I burned one last time last night.. I'm on a trip out of town for the next two days. My girlfriend doesn't suffer from the same addiction as I do so we will be done for this year.:confused:

Guilty...did one last night..and JOY..will do one tonight...
Pathetic

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.