1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

HI300 with bad blower

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by DaveG, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DaveG

DaveG New Member

Hi all. I'm going on my 4th season with this stove and it's fantastic. However I ran into a problem this week. I took the blower unit out to clean it (was pretty dirty with dust on the fan blades). Brought it into the garage and hit it with compressed air, the dirt that came off was amazing. However I may have ruined the motor bearings by overspeeding with with the compressor. Put the unit back in and no getting metal grinding noise from bearings, fan made almost no noise on low and some on high before. Has anyone ever replaced just the blower unit before and if so which one? Found this one online http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace/R7-RB167D.htm looks the same, but says for the I3100.

Thanks Dave

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Should work, they are the same stove internally. Welcome to Hearth.com.
  3. TTigano

TTigano Member

Loc:
    Southeastern, Ma
    Are you sure that the noise is the bearings? Take the fan off again and spin by hand to see what you hear. You could have pushed the whole assembly back in too far allowing the fan assembly to come in contact with the intake air lever.
  4. DaveG

DaveG New Member

Took entire thing apart, definitely the bearings, spinning shaft by hand makes the noise. Aggravated that it was working fine until I tried to clean it, lesson learned. New one ordered $90
  5. DaveG

DaveG New Member

New fan installed and actually run quieter than the old one, even before I burned out bearings. Ready for the blizzard tomorrow. :)
  6. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    Thankd for the tip. Here's hoping I won't have to use it for 4+ years! :)