High Density Glass Rope Gasketing (revisited)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonInMidland

Nov 9, 2014
Midland, MI
I need to re rope my Jotul C450 Kennebec Insert and am having the common problem that all the readilly available fiber glass gasket material is the low density useless stuff. Used this low density item once years ago and wasn't happy then and it hasn't gotten better with age. I followed threads in earlier form posts on this topic that lead nowhere.

Found below link to item sold by Amazon Vendor Liberty Supply

http://www.amazon.com/Stove-Gasket-..._sbs_hg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=19348M3DQ4VKTQTKAE02

Has anyone found this product to be satisfactorily high density similar to the original gasket that was in the Jotul when new ?

====================================================================
UPDATE:

Good Product--> Bought the Liberty supply product and successfully reroped my Jotul C450 Kennebec. Product is really high density (17.8g/linear ft) and Jotul is as tight as new. Would buy this product again.

====================================================================
Open to advice on other sources for truly high density 3/8" rope gasket.

Last edited:
Have you tried your Jotul dealer?

Have you tried your Jotul dealer?

Went to Jotul web site and clicked on "Find a Dealer" Result was a retailer 20 miles away. Went to retailers web site and searched for "Jotul".
Apparently Jotul hasn't updated their web site to reflect that this retailer no longer is one of their dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.